I love chicken, it's such a versatile meat. So here I made chicken nuggets (well I just call them chicken nuggets)
Ingredients: (this recipe serves 1-2 people)
1/4 kg Chicken breast fillets
1 pc lemon
5 cloves garlic crushed and peeled (or chopped, your call)
1-2 teaspoons liquid aminos or Bragg (you can use salt if you prefer, but lessen the measurement)
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon thyme (depends on your tastebuds, I personally like 1 teaspoon)
1/2 cup flour
Things you'll definitely need:
container (like a bowl or something)
pan (maybe a deep one so hot oil won't reach you)
1. Put the fillets with garlic, bragg/salt, thyme and 2 teaspoons flour in a container. You can make your fillets as little or big as you like. I love to make my fillets thinner by filleting them again. I make them as thin as I can go, maybe 1/4 inch thin. I also make them into 1 inch wide squares. Like this:
2. Get your lemon and get the skin/peels/zest and put it on your chicken, also juice half the lemon and also put it on your chicken. (How to get the zest here)
3. Massage them real good. Make sure all your pieces are fully covered by your marinade.
4. Let chicken rest for about 10-15 minutes, you can place it in the fridge. You can also store them in the freezer and cook them another time.
5. If you are ready to cook, just pour some oil on a pan, the oil should be about 1-2 inches deep. Turn the stove on.
6. While waiting for the oil to be sizzling hot, just get your remaining flour and cover each piece with the flour. DO NOT MIX THE FLOUR IN. It's sorta like your "breading". Completely cover them.
7. Cook the chicken nuggets for about 3-5 minutes each side. It usually takes a short time so watch your chicken. Turn them after one side is done. DO NOT OVERCOOK OR ELSE IT WILL BE TOUGH :(
8. Done! Best served hot with a little ketchup. :)
These are just my preferred spices and tastes. If you like other herbs then why don't you try it. I think thyme goes well with every fried meat. Makes it yummier.