- Wear comfortable clothes when going thrift shopping. I would suggest this ensemble:
So cute right? I got distracted. Wear clothes that are easy to take off. I find loose shirt + shorts the most comfortable. I find white best, well because if you sweat it can't be noticed. hahaha
- Eat before going to thrift shops. Because you shall need the energy :)
- Carry tissues and sanitizer/rubbing alcohol. Because you might experience sneezing a bit because some clothes are really dusty and dirty (but sometimes the place is the dusty one). And alcohol to clean your hands after.
|Hand sanitizers. These are so cute!|
|Cute Hello Kitty tissue holder|
- Bring change or smaller bills. It's better to pay an exact amount because sometimes thrift shops don't have change and it's such a hassle to wait for them to get change from someone else or "magpapalit pa".
- Know what you're looking for. I find it easier to keep my eyes on a goal. For example today I want a nice dress. So there, I have something to look for. This is the easiest method for me. But it's also fine to just browse until you find something interesting. That method usually takes more time.
- Fit everything! A lot of clothes are not really nice to look at when it's on a hanger but when you fit it, it looks different. Try everything out. When you see something interesting pull it out. I find it easier when I pull everything I want then try it all on. You will save more time if you just got everything you found fabulous the try it on at one go to the fitting room.
- When the clothes are a little bit dirty, still buy it if it fits perfectly. You can always wash it a hundred times when you get home. But I don't usually buy stuff that needs a LOT of repair. Just little repairs.
- Do not buy just because it's cheap. This always happens to me. Sometimes I do not think if some clothes are wearable but I'll buy just because I feel it is a super steal. Make sure you'll wear it when you buy it.
- Don't be too brand conscious. I do buy branded stuff at the thrift shops but I don't let brands limit me. I mean, I don't normally look at brands. It's just a bonus for me if what I bought was branded.
- BARGAIN!!! :)
- Enjoy thrift shopping :)